Spring Intern - Cable Entertainment Research
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment is made up of 7 leading cable brands – USA, Syfy, Bravo, E! Entertainment, Oxygen, Universal Kids, and BluPrint – as well as production entities Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios.
The portfolio engages a worldwide audience across multiple platforms through powerful award-winning scripted dramas, innovative reality and lifestyle programming, popular acquired series, a rapidly expanding entertainment news division and inventive, aspirational children's television.
Research Internships exist within the following internship areas:
• Universal Kids
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Collect, analyze, and interpret Nielsen ratings and digital/social data for recurring and ad hoc requests
• Manage regular day-to-day reporting and competitive analyses
• Help position research data in a creative and concise manner
• Nielsen ratings data to assist on projects that project future ratings changes and competitive industry trends. Assist with responding to ad hoc information, compiling relevant data and developing it into a clear and useful format. Conduct competitive research to identify patterns, best practices, types of content produced, etc.
• The Universal Kids Research intern will be responsible for completing various weekly and monthly reports measuring the channel's linear, digital, and social performance. Additionally, they will be responsible for completing ad-hoc requests that come to the research team and working on importing schedules into our Nielsen system.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Nov 2nd 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Pursuing Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Television, Digital/New Media, Marketing, Economics/Finance, Media, Statistics, or Business.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), particularly Excel – formatting, charts, macros and pivot tables are a plus.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail.
• Outstanding oral and written communication.
• Knowledge of TV/Media/Digital landscape and impact on TV viewing. Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative research.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Proactive thinker who can handle multiple projects at once.
• Attention to detail and strong mathematical skills necessary
• Ability to write clearly, analyze data and summarize data
• Experience with Nielsen systems (NPower) and digital/social research tools (Adobe Analytics, comScore, ListenFirst) a plus