Specialist, Talent Management and Insights
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
In this Talent Management and Insights Specialist role, you'll help us power and tell the story of the Talent Lab through data and people analytics while also supporting the suite of enterprise solutions we use to know, grow, and develop our talent. The Talent Lab is NBCUniversal's suite of development experiences that are uniquely designed to develop and engage our people to deliver for the future. We meet NBCUniversal talent at key transition points in their career, and help to align, build and accelerate what is needed for success.
What You'll be Doing
You'll be part of the Enterprise Solutions arm of Talent Development. We create the enterprise-wide strategy, tools and processes to get to know our employees – who they are, what they need – and understand how they feel about working at NBCUniversal so we can make it the most engaging place to work in media. You'll impact the employee experience through the discovery, design, and deployment of enterprise solutions including surveys, performance feedback, talent mobility and talent reviews.
Understanding how we best use the data we collect to build and grow our talented leaders is fundamental to our talent strategy. You'll drive our nominations process to ensure the right people are in the right seats of our development experiences. You'll help us assess our current solutions – what is the impact, what is the behavior change? You'll drive our future by supplying the data that sits behind our business consulting and bespoke solutions – what we should do and where we should go next?
At the core of this role, you'll use data to measure, monitor, and improve the solutions and programs of our greatest asset at NBCUniversal – our talent.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• you'll make things happen by producing business-critical people insights that enable us to move faster and make better decisions when consulting with HR generalists, Business OD professionals, HR Operations, and Corporate Communications, among others
• you'll support, project manage and execute the roll-out of talent management processes – e.g., employee surveys, performance feedback, talent reviews/succession planning
• you'll collaborate with our Experience Leads to identify, standardize, and measure how we assess the learning impact of our unique experiences
• you'll help translate and present Talent Lab data through visualizations including charts, dashboards and/or infographics in Tableau and similar programs
• you'll manage our growing set of global talent data from our Talent Lab suite of experiences:
• you'll drive our end to end nomination process – from eligibility, to business spreadsheets, to consolidation and initial review
• you'll innovate the current manual talent tracking process with solutions, tools and initiatives to address needs and eliminate inefficiencies
• you'll help clean data
• you'll perform data analysis using advanced excel skills and other applications to see our impact on the organization
• you'll make materials to support these processes that are energizing, stimulating, and inspiring – including visualizations, presentations, participant materials, exercises/activities, and digital solutions
Every week will be different, and you'll play an important role developing our talent, which is at the heart of our success as a creative company.
What You'll Have
We're a lean team that moves quickly, so to jump on in: We'll expect that you have at least 3 years of experience in Talent Management and Organizational Development. You'll know your way around HR analytics and reporting, along with databases and business systems. You'll showcase your advanced knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI. You'll inspire us with your understanding of predictive analytics and other business-related data analysis strategies. You're fluent in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word – and probably Access.
You've been sitting in media/entertainment/tech, and a fast pace excites you. You naturally stay up to date with tech trends and what's working in the talent space, and jump in without fear to new tools. You've got a designer's eye and are experienced with graphic design and publishing tools like InDesign.
Working with a challenging customer thrills you. You're game and ready to build relationships with anyone. You've shown this through your previous consulting and project management experience, juggling multiple tasks with multiple deliverables for multiple audiences.
More about the Talent Lab at NBCUniversal
We're building the most strategic, well-informed and engaged workforce in media. As culture champions at NBCUniversal, the Talent Development team is constantly working to maximize employee engagement across the globe and strategically invest in the development of our talent. We design, curate, and deliver signature experiences at our Talent Lab, that allow us to
• align talent that are new to a significant role shift to the expectations, business, and culture of the company
• build the media skills, business acumen, and capabilities needed to drive our businesses forward, and
• accelerate our high potential talent to create, invent, and deliver the future of media.
• elevate high-performing diverse talent and amplify their impact across the organization.
You'll be based at 30 Rock, one of the coolest places to work in New York City. The Today Show happens by your front door, SNL shoots down the hall, and you never know who you might bump into. We also tend to offer employee perks such as free Universal Park passes, access to movie screenings before anyone else, and tickets to major entertainment and sporting events through our myPerks program. We've also invested in incredible Talent Lab spaces here at 30 Rock as well as in Los Angeles, London, and Singapore, so you'll have access to all the tools and space you need to deliver the future.