Social Video Producer / Editor
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe social media and have a passion for branded content and franchise development? Are you a shooter, editor producer who can crank out social-first video from concept to producing to shooting and editing? Do you love thinking creatively about how video content and branded are built? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and also take direction well? The Associate Social Video Editor/Producer role will report into the Supervising Producer of Social Originals and will be responsible for working on franchise videos for the E! News social platforms and corresponding brands including E! News, E! Insider and Kards Katch Up. Candidates should have great backgrounds in creating content for multiple platforms and should have a strong understanding of how to create content that fits the E! brand and also reaches new audiences.
• Create original social content (video, graphics, static and more) across all E! social platforms TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Threads, Snapchat, YouTube etc and on the various E! News handles (E! News, E! Insider, Kards Katch Up) as part of the original creative team
• Work directly on the original video and content creation team, specifically focusing on creating original social franchises around entertainment news, red carpet events and more
• Produce and capture long and short-form social content on-sets, events for social media
• Edit video content in real-time or for VOD for franchises using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects or similar tools. Strong in-platform (TikTok, SnapChat, Reels etc) editing skills also a must.
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines when required
• Create graphic transitions, comfort working with natural sound and music elements
• Create and edit branded/sponsored videos and work directly with the sales team and supervising social originals lead to brainstorm, produce, create, shoot and edit branded franchises and videos
• Ease in creating, producing and editing a variety of social formats: short form, long-form, livestreams and more. Ability to take a single piece of content and flip it into multiple formats for multiple platforms.
• Understanding of social media analytics, ability to track performance of social franchises
• Ease in creating content for a variety of topic areas: entertainment news, celebrity, shoppable, livestreams, lifestyle, human interest and more
• Write corresponding social copy that entices viewership on social franchises
• Post each project or video, track video performance, engage with fans
• Brainstorm and pitch new franchises/series for social
• Adhere to photo/video clearance guidelines, as needed
• Identify newsy or shareable soundbites from new and archival footage
• Use social analytics tools and performance metrics to identify best practices for creating video content, increasing video views and key KPIs across platforms
• Work with urgency in breaking news environments and on major entertainment news events ie (award shows, premieres etc)
• Ability to handle live streams across social media platforms.
• Partner with E! News's Social Media Manager to develop and grow fan engagement strategies
• Keep up to date on industry trends/productions methods/social strategies
• Juggle multiple projects and shows with parallel timelines
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, with understanding that social media landscape is constantly evolving and may demand attention outside normal business hours.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience working in social media/digital content
• Experience editing vertical video on Adobe Premiere
• Experience with Photoshop
• Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
• Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with a brand-appropriate copy or pop culturally relevant captions that align with the E! News voice
• Ability to abide by and enforce E!'s social media brand guidelines
• Effective communication skills and experience working across multiple departments
• Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed.
• Experience with Premiere Pro, Dash Hudson, and thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/TikTok insights preferred
• Ability to create and maintain positive, productive relationships with both internal and external groups
• Cool under pressure during fast-paced award shows
• Pleasant professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
• Must love pop culture and all things entertainment news
• A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
• Possess working knowledge of basic video editing functions
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $85,000-$110,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any oth