Social Media Community Manager
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Social Media Community Manager (Freelance)
The Community Manager will work with the E! Social team to assist in engaging with E!'s loyal fanbase, social posting and content creation across platform. The ideal candidate will have experience working across the social landscape, monitoring sentiment, copywriting and flagging/engaging in internet moments.
• Identify key trends, leverage for success, and possess detailed knowledge of social platforms
• Report timely observations on social media trends and conversations back to management and editorial shareholders
• Use analytics and trends to help develop and optimize the overall community management strategy
• Ideate & create original, compelling social content that fits our voice, and engages our audience in meaningful ways
• Leverage our community using key dates on social and editorial calendars, assisting with the strategy, and development of new ideas
• Develop a content marketing plan and editorial calendar while continuously staying up-to-date and in the know on all things social & pop culture
• Find new marketing and outreach opportunities to push brand image and products.
• Work with social and editorial teams to ensure accurate brand representation in responses and sentiment reports
We're looking for someone who is driven, intelligent, proactive, detail-oriented, personable, and who can multitask on several projects.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of experience in digital content space
• Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: Pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations around the E! Brand.
• Previous experience working in entertainment preferred. News is a fast-paced work environment, so being organized and on top of trends is important
• Exceptional writing skills and a sharp wit for brand-appropriate social copy or pop culture relevant community responses that align with the E! News voice
• Ability to abide by and enforce E!'s social media brand guidelines
• Experience with SocialFlow and Dash Hudson plus a thorough understanding of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/TikTok and YouTube insights preferred
• Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments and social platforms
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Flexible with an ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects
• Professional demeanor in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
• A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
• Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle