Social Commerce Editor
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal Entertainment brands are looking for a Social Commerce Editor to help create engaging social content for NBC Universal Entertainment brands, including E!, The Kelly Clarkson Show, Access Hollywood, Bravo and others. This person will be responsible for creating social posts and videos, managing on-platform shopping posts and collections, launching new franchises and monitoring consumer trends.
This role will work closely with brand leads and NBC Universal Commerce Partnerships, combining creative and technical skills within the e-commerce landscape to grow shopping engagement across the NBCU portfolio. The ideal candidate must be a compelling social storyteller with experience converting social analytics into actionable content strategies.
• Create shoppable content for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter and other emerging social platforms
• Manage content programming and posting â€'' when needed â€'' across different platforms and brands and ensure shoppable articles created by team members are landing on the correct platforms
• Shoot and edit social first videos, write scripts, create shot lists and work with talent
• Manage social and video content calendar, pitching features, identifying viral trends, emerging stories, second beats and shareable headlines
• Partner with influencers & talent for takeovers and social-first interviews
• Track social growth & commerce performance, optimizing content strategy across platforms
• Stay up to date on emerging platforms and trends, sharing ideas for how to build loyalty across platforms and elevate the brand
• Establish a high-level of content creation with strong editorial standards, ensuring all content has correctly spelled names, brands, and factual information.
• Comfortability writing suggested copy for a variety of brands and platforms, geared toward social and e-commerce growth
• Multi-tasking and ease working across multiple projects and platforms on any given day
• BA/BS or equivalent experience in Digital Marketing, Journalism, Communications, E-Commerce, Graphic Design, Media Production, Business or similar
• 4 years social & video marketing experience, preferably for a brand focused on fashion, beauty, lifestyle and/or pop culture
• Must be skilled using Adobe Premiere, Canva, Figma, Photoshop and similar creative editing tools
• Excellent copy writing skills: quick with brand-appropriate copy that drives action while aligning with brands' voice
• Familiarity with paid media and performance marketing a plus
• An idea-generator with opinions on how to meet and grow traffic and sales
• Strong graphic design skills with an understanding of branding and developing visual identities
• A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
• Has an eye for trends, both in terms of lifestyle/fashion and pop culture
• Familiar with top entertainment and lifestyle sites and influencers, and with current celebrity news
• Professional demeanor when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations
• Self-starter with a collaborative mindset
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities and to seamlessly move from project to project throughout the day
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $90,000 - $105,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.