Show Producer- Wnbc
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBC 4 New York is looking for a dynamic, motivated, technically-savvy news producer to join our team of award-winning producers at Rockefeller Center. Candidates should thrive in demanding, high-pressure situations and strive to win big breaking news and weather stories. They must understand the power of visual storytelling. They must also appreciate the importance of mobile and digital newsgathering.
• Serve as the primary line producer of assigned daily newscast.
• Write, produce, desktop edit and gather content for all WNBC platforms.
• Be active participant in editorial meetings by offering unique enterprise story ideas.
• Manage a team of Content Producers to produce the most compelling and relevant stories, coaching and mentoring them as needed.
• Stay on top of the latest graphic tools to visually enhance and showcase stories.
• Work with the production team to ensure clean, seamless newscasts.
• Collaborate with Executive Producers and fellow Show Producers to ensure the most complete local news coverage that is both fair and accurate.
• Interact with the editors of nbcnewyork.com.
• Use social tools to stay on top of whatâ€™s happening in the Tri-State area as well as the news people are talking about.
Candidates are responsible for the overall editorial content on one or more platforms produced by WNBC and will be charged with the following tasks:
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
• Strong journalistic skills and significant experience as a television news producer in a major market.
• Minimum 4 yearsâ€™ experience in newsgathering and/or production; including newsroom writing, producing and desktop editing
• Knowledge of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Must be available to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays or whenever assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
•Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
•Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
•Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
• Experience in a news environment.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player mentality.