NBC UniversalMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 5:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Show Director jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Show Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Show Director?
Full Time Job
The Show Director position requires a creative eye and the ability to plan and direct the video and audio aspects of television programs based on the specifications and knowledge of television production techniques.
The Director must be able to interpret scripts, work with talent, crew and producers to establish the pace of the program and stay within the time requirement. The Show Director must have the ability to direct news, talk, sports, entertainment, special events and automated shows.
• Issuing instructions to the control room, audio and studio technicians before and during live or recorded programs to keep them informed of the show's rundown, camera shots, effects, graphics, playback order and other specific information.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology. Especially Automated Production Systems (i.e. Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, GV Ignite, Viz Mosart, etc.).
• Proficiency working with NRCS systems (i.e. Avid iNEWS, Dalet, ENPS, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to embrace, learn and implement new technologies.
• Experience in planning and executing shows on remote location.
• Ability to ensure high quality standards, troubleshoot issues and adapt quickly to change.
• Work collaboratively with production, editorial and technical staff to execute successful broadcasts.
• Documentation of on/off air discrepancies in the form of an End of Show Report.
• Be able to lead a team and to motivate talent and crew members.
• Proven ability to prioritize and work well under tight deadlines.
• Strong journalistic skills and good editorial judgment
â€¢ Bachelor's degree in Communications, Television Production or related and 5 years' experience as a Show Director in a live/recorded television production environment.
â€¢ Fully bilingual: English and Spanish
â€¢ Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
â€¢ Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 live/recorded production work environment.
â€¢ Must be willing to travel (sometimes internationally) as needed, sometimes on short notice.
â€¢ Must be able to translate creatively a writer's, Producer's and other originators' vision into a coherent, marketable, entertaining or informative program.
â€¢ Be aware of and value the contribution of all crew members to the creation of the final program.
â€¢ Be able to make decisions quickly, communicate clearly, and react with a level head swiftly to unexpected occurrences.
â€¢ Be able to conceptualize ideas, think visually and pay precise attention to detail.
â€¢ Have a methodical approach to work, along with a high stress tolerance and stamina.
â€¢ Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
â€¢ Must be 18 years or older
â€¢ Must have a valid driver's license
â€¢ Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
â€¢ Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
â€¢ Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems.
â€¢ Have strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.