Senior Vice President, Production
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
• Manage and execute the details of all of the current responsibilities associated with projects in production.
• Act as the main point of contact between the network and producers for managing day-to-day details of production planning and logistics.
• Work with the production companies on budgeting, calendar, crew, logistics, insurance, etc.
• Facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information among departments (Business Affairs, Production Legal, Insurance, Marketing, Scheduling/Programming, S&P, National Operating Center, Publicity, .com, Sales & Product Integration, Finance, Audit, etc.) in coordination with producers and supervisor.
• Manage and communicating the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to head of the department.
• Confirm that all filming requirements are met (i.e. filming notices, appearance & location releases, etc.).
• Confirm production companies are seeking rights and options as outlined in agreement.
• Create payment schedules based on cash flow.
• Responsible for building a roster of network approved line producers and other below-the-line staff.
• Minimum 10 years experience in scripted television production
• Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job at nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Drama programming experience is highly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities, and follow through.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work well in fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills.