NBC UniversalMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
Senior Producer - NBC 6 Miami
WTVJ is seeking a strong producer ready to take their career to the next level and move into the management track. We want a creative and experienced producer with solid news judgment who puts content first on multiple platforms. On broadcast, you'll be able to show off your producing skills and maximize video and beautiful graphics on our new set. On other platforms, you'll be able to help shape the brand we present.
The Senior Producer works closely with Executive Producers, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors. You should be able to help other team members learn how to do what you already excel at doing. You'll need to line produce, write, copy edit, edit video, gather content and produce elements all under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy and credibility. You must be willing to line produce daily and work closely with anchors and reporters on the best way to execute content in newscasts and in specials.
• Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Minimum of 3 years' experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and breaking news with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web, and mobile
• Experience as a producer in a major market for television, digital news service or mid-sized market
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be willing to work long hours during breaking news, hurricanes and severe weather, if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Familiarity with South Florida and local leaders a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Up to date on and interested in current news events.
- Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible.
- Displays a positive work ethic.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills.