Senior Producer / Editor
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2024 8:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Producer / Editor jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Senior Producer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
E! News digital is hiring a Sr. Digital Video Producer/Editor who will be a part of our growing team of digital video producer/writer/editors on the news video editorial team. The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable, and very fast at writing and creating digital video content. Job duties include producing digital-first entertainment news content for social, video distribution, and mobile optimized platforms. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in entertainment news video production, proven video editing skills, and a clear understanding of the key difference between traditional media and digital-first content. The candidate will be responsible for writing scripts, reporting and sourcing information, collecting visual assets, and producing and editing digital video under tight news deadlines. Experience as a multi-platform journalist in entertainment news will best suit this role. This role will report to the VP, Creative Content - E! News Digital.
On-camera talent is not required for this role, but experience behind the camera, working as a reporter/producer on red carpets and the ability to conduct interviews at entertainment-related events is a plus.
• Create 3 digital video stories per day, often under tight news-driven deadlines.
• Cut short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end: Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, track VO, produce and edit video, and post on social and digital platforms.
• Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVID
• Self-assign and create video assignments as needed during busy news times, and self-edit as needed with little supervision. Use metrics-driven thinking to select projects that fulfill the brand's daily video view goals.
• Work with E!'s social and editorial teams to create highly-sharable content
• Optimize sound and lighting quality in videos, create simple graphic transitions, add text on screen and other graphics and easily export videos.
• Write strong, factual, entertainment news scripts for news packages. Ability to work easily with legal or heavier news scripts and maintain accuracy.
• Serve as a creative producer/editor on assigned projects (including, but not limited to livestreams, weekly video series, mashups, interviews, show clips, extended interviews and other projects as assigned)
• Create SEO-optimized headlines and captions that factually represent your video story and drive video views on E! News digital platforms.
• Use strong news judgement
• Optimize and post content for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Liaison with producing team, booking team, and post-production as needed
• Produce guest interviews/attend field shoots, as needed and shoot crisp, clean footage on DSLR camera or iPhone
• Collect clear audio in the field and in the studio
• Take assignments from the News Producer daily
• Contribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audience
• Maintain a level of professionalism with talent
• Line Produce and work on ad/sales content when assigned
• Produce branded content, as needed
• Juggle multiple projects with parallel timelines
• BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of experience producing news digital video content end-to-end for digital platforms
• Excellent expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Knowledge of AVID or similar platforms or willingness to learn fast if you aren't familiar
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong copy editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
• Must be able to work under extremely tight deadlines
• Must be able to work weekends and later evenings as needed during busy times like award shows
• Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
• Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video
• Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
• Knowledge of Photoshop is a must
• Willingness to be an individual contributor while working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand's growth and success
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles and breaking news.
• Strong understanding of digital metrics: page views, video views, how to gain new followers on different platforms, including on-site
• Strong understanding of digital trends
• Strong camera skills: ability to shoot your own videos using HDV cameras
• Interview skills â€'' ability to interview celebrity talent and come up with smart, breaking news questions that we can turn into digital videos
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000-$125,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.