Senior Manager, Journey Activation & Digital Strategy
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The objective of this role is to apply a deep understanding of digital channel capabilities (web, CRM, social, media) to integrate marketing campaigns and connect the Universal Orlando brand and products to the consumer. With consultation from cross-functional digital teams, the Sr. Manager champions the customer journey across channels to achieve business and campaign objectives and collaborates with leaders of non-digital channels to ideate and create campaign integration opportunities.
• Lead Journey Activation for a specific Audience Segment across the Engage & Educate, Convert, Deliver and Re-Engage & Advocate journey stages.
• Distill audience insights into motivators and barriers, and then further into messages for journey mapping.
• Orchestrate and manage journeys as the ongoing omni-channel Journey Activation lead for a specific Audience Segment.
• Organize and lead Action Workshops, brainstorms and tactical worksessions in the development of integrated communication plans.
• Be accountable for the journey experience and execution of communication plans across owned and earned channels, including reviews and retrospectives as needed to assure cross-channel integration.
• Partner with the Attract Journey Leads to drive alignment in the handoff of new prospects from the Attract stage into Engage & Education, and to align with non-digital channel leads in Paid Media, Trade, PR, Symphony, Partnerships and Promotions to ensure a cohesive, optimized omni-channel guest experience.
• Collaborate and validate tactical communication plans against the KPI goals and segment strategies.
• Continually monitor, test and evolve the audience segment journey as needed to drive compounding efficiency and effectiveness to deliver on Universal Orlando Resort business goals.
Digital Channel Strategist
• Aligns digital channels with audience strategy, goals and objectives.
• Lead Digital Strategy for a specific Audience Segment, focused on deepening relationships with consumers and moving them through the consumer journey.
• Adapt segment and journey strategies into channel-level tactical plans that clearly communicate the â€˜why' and â€˜what' to the channel teams for planning and execution and performance optimization.
• Assist cross-functional teams in developing and evolving ideas to achieve brand goals, segmented marketing communication objectives and guest experience needs for Universal Orlando as a destination.
• Partner with Digital Channel leaders to utilize data and insights to provide strategic input to segment marketing teams, ensuring alignment and cohesive guest/partner experience.
• Translate the journey and align channels strategies and digital touchpoints to bring the journey to life with brand interactions across Owned and Earned channels through the Engage & Educate, Convert, Deliver and Re-Engage & Advocate journey stages.
• In partnership with Analytics, adapt business goals into channel-level KPI maps that ladder into overarching business objectives and provide a tactical planning framework for channel integration.
• Serve as a champion for the consumer experience across all Universal Orlando digital touch-points, constantly refining the user journey with a focus on serving our Guests in their moment need and guiding them to the next best action.
Digital & Guest Experience Champion
• Represent digital channels in cross-functional POD meetings, championing the journey and Guest experience.
• Work with channel teams and analytics to conduct channel/site analysis and competitive research to develop tactics, messaging and channel approach that inform guest experience, B2B partners, and market influencers.
• Work with Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to understand and advocate for the guest experience in a digital environment.
• Align with Channel leaders to champion best practices in digital marketing and consumer technology trends and establish benchmarks for measuring success of digital marketing programs and tactics.
• Maintain focus on the ongoing refinement of the consumer journey, its touchpoints and channel opportunities / integration across all channels.
• Develop and maintain a core understanding of Universal Orlando always-on communication efforts across all channels, their integrations, and ongoing opportunities to refine and optimize in light of changes to the consumer journey.
Deliver against KPIs to achieve OCF goals, Brand Equity Measures, TSAT
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications required; MBA strongly preferred.
Experience: 8-10 years of marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or retail industry.
• A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
• Very strong analytical, planning, and critical decision-making skills.
• Out-of-the-box thinker with experience devising and informing content delivery strategies and tactics across the brand's web sites, CRM initiatives, social media, mobile technology, online retail channels, sales and trade partners.
• In-depth understanding of marketing analytics, consumer and brand research and ability to turn data into insights to drive engagement, conversion and loyalty.
• A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels, a natural trend spotter for new technologies that play roles in consumer's lives.
• Cross-functional expertise and the ability to be proactive and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
• Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
• Ability to effectively manage change and conflicts, and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
• Strong leadership experience. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of highly intelligent and driven individuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy to consumer needs and expectations.
• Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
• Understanding of key consumer segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, International)
• Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment and/or Theme Park experience
• Event marketing and management
• Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
• Brand Management
• Licensed Partner Marketing models