Senior Manager, Communications
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2023 10:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Manager, Communications jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Communications postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Press Manager, Scripted Series Publicity, will be responsible for designing and executing publicity campaigns driving positive coverage and tune-in for broadcast and cable networks including NBC, USA & SYFY, generate all written press and communications materials, liaise with internal and external partners such a network programming, casting and marketing executives, executive producers, talent and/or their representatives, third party agencies and TV and entertainment media partners and collaborate and propose press plans for marketing, digital/social stunts, activations or promotional extensions of NBCU TV programs.
include but not limited to:
• Spearhead comprehensive season long press strategies for scripted programming across NBC, SYFY and USA networks by developing unique and effective campaigns to elevate cast profiles and raise awareness for the shows, producers, series regulars, guest stars and special or stunted episodes.
• Create and edit key communications materials including announcements, press releases, Q&A, program descriptions, bios, and show specific talking points.
• Develop positive relationships with the talent, producers, PR agencies and representatives, agents, managers, production staffs, media and programming executives in order to ensure effective flow of communication and maximum positive press coverage.
• Coordinate print, digital and electronic interviews and photo shoots.
• Generate press materials including press releases, bios, captions, feature stories, talking points, story synopsis, pitch letters and correspondence
• Pitch and secure interview opportunities for cast members with talk show bookers across daytime, late night, and digital talk shows.
• Pitch story angles to trade and consumer press to support series, its producers, actors, guest stars and other newsworthy angles
• Promote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screenings
• Media train talent and producers
• Track and maintain budgets for assigned shows
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of experience in media relations, communications or television/entertainment publicity
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California.
• Highly organized, self-starter capable of managing several projects simultaneously
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Must be an independent self-starter, creative and strategic thinker.
• Established relationship with media across consumer and trade outlets as well as entertainment news and talk show bookers and producers.
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Must be a strong team player and have the ability to interface with talent and executives.
• Experience in planning and executing high profile publicity campaigns.
• Savvy in pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
• Experience in coordinating logistics for conventions, festivals and other industry events such as San Diego Comic-Con, TCA, ATX, SXSW, the advertiser Upfronts and others.
• Effective multi-tasker with the ability to juggle several series in various stages of development
• Strategic and critical thinker that can identify controversial content and/or talent issues to elevate in a timely manner.
• Ability and proven track record working with high profile talent, managers, producers and executives as well as positive media relationships.
• Ability to develop interesting and unusual creative ideas to help set the networks apart in the press.
• Solid organizational/creative skills, detail oriented, collaborative team player.
• Strong knowledge of social media and digital platforms and popular content or creators
• Willing to travel, work weekends or evening events.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $95,000 - $125,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.