Senior Manager, Communications
NBC UniversalWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager will lead, develop, and execute long-term press strategies and day-to-day promotional tactics for the #1 rated Sunday public affairs program â€œMeet the Press with Chuck Toddâ€ and the brand's multiple multimedia platforms across audio, streaming, newsletters, cable, and more.
This position will also play an integral role in supporting the proactive promotion and publicity efforts for NBC News' 2022 midterm election coverage, election night primetime programming, and large-scale political events.
of the Senior Communications Manager include, but are not limited to:
Promote Meet the Press' multimedia content, including weekly interviews, listings, and ratings communications; develop integrated communications plans around new projects and products; lead content promotion of the program's audio, streaming and digital products; and support the promotion and distribution of program's original reporting and exclusive interviews
Serve as a media strategist for the program's long-term vision and strategy; support the network's overall communications strategies, working hand-in-hand with communications counterparts at TODAY, NBC Nightly News, NBC News Digital and MSNBC
Identify key opportunities to showcase and highlight Meet the Press' on-air talent and leadership for maximum marketplace visibility
Foster strong contacts with local Washington, national political print, and trade media
Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and program
Coordinate speaking engagements, media interviews, photo shoots and various publicity opportunities
Generate and maintain press materials, including press releases, executive and talent bios, talking points, social media content, and pitch letters
Work closely with executives, producers, NBC News standards and legal on approval of written and promotional materials
Coordinate closely with the New York-based NBC News and MSNBC PR teams, specifically during years with heavy political programming, support network's communications strategies for election night and political programming including debates, town halls, and primetime political specials
Note: This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports into the Senior Director of Communications. The position requires regular weekend work and a non-traditional weekly work schedule, offset with time off during the week.
• 5 years relevant media relations and
• Excellent news judgement and communication skills,
both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel and regularly work on weekends
• Experience with, and contacts in media, specifically
political and Washington reporters, preference for media
and trade reporters
• Experience in talent relations or supporting, staffing and
advising a principal
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English,
Communications, or equivalent
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through
nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Exemplary organization and time management skills
• Ability to work across and balance multiple teams,
deadlines, and projects
• Political experience strongly
• Passion for news, journalism, and politics; close follower
of Washington news cycles
• Experience in television publicity preferred
• Experience in data and ratings measurement
• Strong understand of, and experience with social media &