Senior Legal Counsel
NBC UniversalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2023 10:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Legal Counsel jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Legal Counsel postings
Full Time Job
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives expansion of the company's intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Games, fashion, and toys only scratch the surface of ways we take Universal stories and characters from the screen and put them into fans' daily lives around the globe. Along with franchise brand management, UP&E's core businesses include Consumer Products and Games and Digital Platforms. We take properties such as Jurassic World, Minions, Back to the Future, and Trolls from our creative content engines like Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation partner with best-in-class category leaders (e.g. Mattel, Lego, Reebok, Target, Microsoft, etc.) to create amazing products for our fans. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalbranddevelopment.com/
UP&E is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to fostering equitable and inclusive environments that honor the experiences, perspectives, and uniqueness of each colleague.
At UP&E EMEA, we are proud of our unique culture. We are inclusive, curious and creative; channeling a growth mindset in order to drive the commercial and develop our people. In order to achieve this culture, we live by our 3 values:
• Being Human Matters to Us
• Together We Can Achieve Anything
• We Always Keep Growing
Universal Products & Experiences is seeking a talented, highly collaborative and experienced in-house commercial lawyer to partner with our Consumer Products business across EMEA. As a member of the Business & Legal Affairs team, you will provide legal support and advice to category and creative teams across our European offices and work collaboratively with other lawyers based in London and Los Angeles. The role will also focus on drafting and negotiating contracts related to consumer product licensing agreements, retail/marketing campaigns, design/asset creation and other services arrangements. The role will either be Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel, depending on the successful candidate's skill set and level of experience.
• Collaborate and engage with cross-functional teams, including category management, product development, creative, and finance stakeholders. Your role will involve identifying and resolving business and legal issues, offer guidance to mitigate risks and deliver ongoing counsel and legal support.
• Draft, oversee and negotiate a substantial volume of intellectual property license and service agreements associated with the licensing, distribution, promotion, and marketing of toys, apparel, books and other consumer goods.
• Serve as a pivotal link between business stakeholders and internal corporate teams, including tax, compliance, IP/trademark, privacy, and litigation.
• Offer insightful guidance to internal stakeholders on unique business propositions and underlying rights; undertaking legal research and advising on issues/risks as required.
• Respond to the dynamic needs of the business by creating ad-hoc contracts and legal documents to meet evolving business requirements.
• Manage legal communication with external partners to ensure swift resolution of any outstanding issues.
• Involvement with royalty audits, interpreting contractual language and finalising settlement agreements.
• Embrace additional duties and projects as the need arises.
Essential Skills and Experience
• UK-qualified solicitor (minimum 4 years' PQE).
• Significant commercial/transactional legal experience; ideally within a global entertainment studio or a multinational toy, apparel, FMCG or media company handling inbound or outbound licensing matters.
• Excellent drafting skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills, coupled with a proactive and self-driven approach.
• Adept at providing practical, accurate and timely legal advice.
• Collegial, dependable and responsive team-player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Solid understanding of intellectual property, contract and commercial law.
• Strong relationship-building and influencing abilities across various departments, countries and time-zones.
• Sharp commercial acumen with effective problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with legal software and tools (DocuSign, DMS, Salesforce etc.)
• Adaptable and capable of excelling in a fast-paced environment.
• Hybrid: This role will generally be contributing from the office a minimum of three (3) days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].