Senior Editor, Commerce
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Commerce jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Senior Editor, Commerce postings
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal Entertainment brands are looking for a Sr. Editor to help assign and create engaging shoppable content for NBCU Entertainment brands. This person will be responsible for both ideating, assigning, writing and producing shoppable content across digital and social platforms, as well as leading a team of commerce editors and writers. This team member will be expected to develop commerce content strategies, regularly populate editorial calendars and maintain workflows to meet both short-term and long-term goals. As a cross-brand position, this role is also responsible for ideating and executing e-commerce content strategies for a variety of different brands and must be comfortable capturing the tone of individual brands.
This role will work closely with brand leads and NBCU Commerce Partnerships, combining creative and technical skills within the e-commerce landscape to grow shopping engagement across the NBCU portfolio. The ideal candidate should be able to use data and analytics to drive editorial decisions with a firm understanding of SEO, social media and affiliate marketing.
• Write, edit and publish e-commerce content using analytics-driven thinking, ROI and high editorial standards across multiple brands within NBC Entertainment
• Assign editorial content to a team of writer/editors and copy-edit that content prior to publish
• Create and execute commerce content strategy for each brand based on their unique keyword ranking, audience demographics and affinities
• Coordinate with brand teams to plan and execute editorial calendars, including seasonal events, talent activations, show premieres, and larger-scale branded packages
• Edit, update, and optimize writer content, ensuring it's accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive, and aligned with SEO best practices and editorial standards
• Coordinate with e-commerce and sales teams to execute content strategies against branded content partnerships and sponsorships
• Help set publication standards and establish expectations while providing constructive feedback to writers as necessary
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for growth and improvement
• Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices in SEO and affiliate marketing
• Oversee and finalize updates to appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Create both evergreen shoppable content strategies as well as news-oriented content strategies
• Leverage SEO tools like Google Keywords, SimilarWeb and others to help plan content and track SEO performance against team and individual goals
• Monitor competitors, industry trends and how stories are performing to aid and optimize content strategy
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 6 years of experience writing and editing SEO-driven shoppable articles
• Excellent copy writing skills with brand-appropriate copy that drives action
• An idea-generator with opinions on how to meet and grow traffic and sales
• Strong understanding of how to utilize analytics and performance data to grow consumer audiences
• Interest in pop culture, entertainment, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle
• Has an eye for trends, both in terms of lifestyle/fashion and pop culture
• Collaborative-mindset to work as part of multiple cross-functional teams
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $90,000 - $105,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.