Reporter / Anchor - NBC
NBC UniversalPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
NBC Philadelphia is searching for a strong general assignment reporter who can break stories, consistently produce enterprise content for digital and broadcast and has a strong live reporting presence.
Duties include generating story ideas, researching, setting up, interviewing and producing the content in the field. They will write and voice the story. They must be able to report live as scheduled on multiple newscasts and all digital platforms. We're looking for applicants who bring ideas every day and work effectively across all platforms.
• Gathering information on newsworthy events and write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned. Will need to be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
• Create report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
• Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories.
• Stay informed on newsworthy events locally and nationally
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a television anchor or reporter
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
• Candidate should have the ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers to technical reports and legal papers.
• Candidate should have the ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
• Individual should have a basic understanding of desktop computers and the ability to learn Dalet/Windows system as well as new systems as they are implemented.
• Should have a developed ability to use the Internet to seek information.
• Should be well presented on-camera and be able to deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with those people in the news department and other departments throughout the station.
• The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal NBC employees and external organizations is an essential function of this job.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and stressful environment and act as a team player.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions while meeting deadlines and handling multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
• Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.