Recruiter, Operational Staffing - Universal Studios Hollywood
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
In partnership with park operators and the hiring department, the Recruiter of Operational Staffing will develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract, screen and recruit highly qualified candidates for hourly entry level and skilled positions at Universal Studios Hollywood. This position is critical to supporting Universal Studios Hollywood's current staffing needs and projected growth. The Recruiter will manage and participate in the selection process which includes advertising, interviewing, assessing candidates, screening, recommending finalists and filling the staffing needs within a specified period of time. The position reports into the Sr. Manager of Operational Staffing.
• Market and advertise open positions at local colleges, high schools, and community job fairs.
• Represent Universal Studios Hollywood at schools and job fairs.
• Review resumes and applications.
• Phone screen and interview applicants.
• Coordinate interview scheduling.
• Maintain applicant tracking.
• Extend offers of employment.
• Partner with the Staffing Team on new ways to recruit students, promote Universal as an Employer of Choice, and provide feedback on new and innovative ways to advertise to students.
• Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers and HR representatives across the company to understand business needs to effectively source and facilitate the selection of quality candidates.
• Partner with Entertainment team by assisting with open calls and casting process for Performer roles.
• Assist hiring managers in raising standards and the evaluation of candidates. Consult with and guide hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and processes.
• Provide career counseling and guidance to team members to support their continued growth at USH.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years high volume recruiting experience.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in a fast-paced Human Resources environment or related field.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Experience with PageUp or similar applicant tracking systems.
• Customer-oriented individual with problem solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle a heavy workload, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Motivated to complete assignments/tasks with minimal supervision and follow-up.
• Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings
• Flexible, organized and adaptable to changing priorities and a changing environment.
• The ideal candidate passionately sources talent from traditional and emerging platforms, actively maintaining and utilizing a wide array of tools, tactics and networks.