Publicist & Original Production Liaison
NBC UniversalMexico City, MX
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2022 1:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Publicist & Original Production Liaison jobs in Mexico City-MX
Search all Publicist & Original Production Liaison postings
Full Time Job
The Publicist and Original Production Liaison is responsible for the promotion of five Universal premium pay TV networks among the media in Latin America. The publicist makes sure the networks always have coverage in the mainstream media outlets, is on top of mind of the Latin American opinion leaders and influencers. As an Original Production Liaison, the publicist will work hand to hand with the Original Production team to ensure the talent is ready for production, coordinating their transportation, glam team and all arrangements necessary for the shoot or a publicity appearance including their contract and processing payment.
• Develop publicity strategy to reach maximum exposure for U content and its original productions
• Work directly with Programing team to identify highlights for each of the U networks
• Reach out to the Hollywood studios to request talent interviews, publicity trips, liners or activities for U networks social media
• Supervise the writing of press releases done by the Pan-regional Public Relations Agency.
• Get the releases approved by the studios, legal, talent, etc
• Work with in-region marketing teams to coordinate activities (events, unboxing production, and its distribution among media, influencers and celebrities) for all U networks
• Coordinate publicity activities with affiliate clients so the Universal networks have coverage in all media of the affiliate clients
• Coordinate talent's publicity trip to the markets and appearances to promote new acquisitions
• Organize press communications tactics for new series (press junkets, satellite media tour, set visits)
• Facilitate the Universal talent participation in Affiliate Sales upfront, affiliate conventions or other talent request by the affiliate clients.
• Liaison between original production team and Public Relations to obtain all assets necessary to promote the series.
• Facilitate assets and talking points to the talent so they can promote their shows on social media.
• Coordinate with La Agencia (creative team), talent booker, agents and representants so talent can make pay and not-pay appearances in NBCU original productions and digital initiatives (linear and digital)
• Process payments and per-diems deposits for talent
• Make all travel arrangements for talent and their managers or companion
• Be present on set to ensure in-house and guest talent has the best experience
• Follow up with La Agencia (creative team) for all PR needs (photos, behind the scenes shoots, show's synopsis, etc)
• Develop minute by minute agenda and delivery it to the talent for all appearances
• Stay on top of changes to the agenda and to help traveling talent with any unexpected situation
• Coordinate with stylers and make-up artists for talent appearances
• To coordinate pay and not paid influencer participation in original productions and digital marketing activities (eg. E! Front Row, E! Pop Talks, etc)
• Liaise with the Insides/Research team to identify influencers relevant to each network target audience
• Works under the direct supervision of Public Relations Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Publicity experience at a premium cable network or related entertainment company is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to identify coverage opportunities beyond the television pages and utilize emerging social media trends when promoting series.
• Extensive relationships with a broad range of media outlets, reporters, bloggers, bookers and influencers in Latin America.
• Experience interfacing with high-profile talent, top industry executives and media.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines within an extremely fast paced and high volume environment.
• Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and with a team.
• Experience keeping a budget and generating no-cost activities that generate buzz and publicity
• Bachelor's degree in communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
• 6 years or equivalent experience in PR/Communications
• 5 years working with the Latin America market
Previous experience with pay TV, premium networks a plus
• Stablished relations with media outlets in Latin America