NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2023 11:47:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Manager postings
Full Time Job
NBC News Digital is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join the Digital Video Operations team. The ideal candidate is an extraordinary communicator, planner and project executor with a wealth of digital video production experience. This role will collaborate across Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production and Editorial to track projects through their lifecycles from conception to archive. Acting as a liaison between operations logistics and creative editorial to facilitate the production of a variety of digital assets. They will serve as the administrative backbone of production units managing logistics, production schedules, deliverables, budgets, and transparent communication with stakeholders.
• Coordinate resources, equipment and elements to support an efficient production pipeline. This includes scheduling and assigning production & post production resources for individual story and full show creation; manage team calendar and ensure projects are fully staffed
• Assist in studio and remote field production management including budgeting, setup and execution. This includes travel, reserving studio space and confirming crew staffing with Producers
• Track deliverables, manage project requests and scheduling through all phases of production
• Manage asset and metadata delivery to both internal and external platforms and manage all portions of the delivery system. This includes coordinating media ids, building out scheduling documents and communicating plans to internal programming teams, content scheduling teams and external EPG teams.
• Liaise with engineering and network operations teams to troubleshoot asset and metadata delivery issues
• Maintain production and post-production workflows and schedules to ensure deadlines are met and adjustments are made, when necessary
• Plan, organize and communicate production timelines to align with designated deadlines
• Assist in tracking the overall channel budget and document anticipated costs vs. actual spends
• Work with Coordinating Producer on individual production budgets and identifying cost savings
• Establish and maintain relationships with internal clients in support of their production efforts
• Anticipate, react to, and resolve operational issues with urgency
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $90,000-$110,000.
• 5 years of experience in Production, Post-Production, Media or a related field
• Experience coordinating teams across verticals with planning-related duties in the digital space
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Final Cut, Avid Media Composer or other NLE system
• Experience with Production clearances, licensing and archive
• Proven interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
• Ability to manage multiple, competing workstreams and priorities simultaneously
• On-Set production and remote experience
• Meticulous attention to detail with ability to be a pro-active problem solver
• Established track record using project management tools like Smartsheet, Asana, Jira, Airtable, etc.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Professional judgment and discretion for handling confidential information
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of team
• Must be willing to work in New York (work from home some days is an option)
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Social media, OTT, and/or data savvy, with a passion for hybrid production environments
• Understanding of video formats and codecs
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.