NBC UniversalCleveland, OH
Full Time Job
As a producer, you will work directly with bureau managers, assignment desk editors, senior producers, and cutting producers to create original news content, primarily for broadcast.
• Write, produce and edit segments and live shots for both day-of air and feature stories.
• Oversee and manage production team, including field crews.
• Pitch original story ideas and evaluate potential stories.
• Book interviews and conduct pre-interviews with potential guests.
Work with production editor to gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production.
• Must have 3 years experience working as producer.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to work in Cleveland, OH.
• Must be willing to travel extensively.
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Ability to shoot digital video and/or still digital photography with an understanding of feed capabilities like LiveU, Latakoo, SendThisFile, WeTransfer, etc.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong storytelling ability.
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.