Producer - NBC Bay Area- Weekend
NBC UniversalSan Jose, CA
Full Time Job
NBC Bay Area is looking for a highly motivated Newscast Producer with outstanding news judgment, extraordinary digital skills, and a great sense of production value.
The producer will be responsible for developing an innovative evening newscast in a highly competitive, high pressure newsroom. The candidate should have very good writing skills with a creative vision for the newscast and a desire to break the mold. The candidate will work closely with the Executive Producer and producers to write, edit and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms. Knowledge of the Bay Area is a plus.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
Please Note: This is not an entry level position. Experience writing for and producing a newscast in a mid-major market is required. Applicants who have not produced a television newscast in a mid to major market will not be considered.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driverâ€™s License
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• A pioneering spirit with the creative desire to produce and present stories in new and different ways
• Must be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for the broadcast
• Passion to research and develop stories on tight timelines
• Invested and engaged in the local community while understanding how to represent the local viewer
• Must be a team player and work well with Reporters, Assignment Editors, Writers and other Producers
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile