Producer - Kntv
NBC UniversalSan Jose, CA
Full Time Job
NBC Bay Area is looking for a highly motivated Newscast Producer with outstanding news judgment, a sense of good production value, and the ability to pitch great stories for a highly competitive, high pressure newsroom.
The producer will be responsible for prepping the morning or midday newscasts and work with the planning editor to find, develop and plan stories in advance. The candidate will work closely with the Executive Producer and producers to write, edit and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms. The candidate should have very good writing skills and have a creative vision for the newscasts. Knowledge of the Bay Area is a plus.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years' experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
Please Note: This is not an entry level position. Experience writing for and producing a newscast in a mid-major market is required. Applicants who have not produced a television newscast in a mid to major market will not be considered.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Must be a team player and work well with Reporters, Assignment Editors, Writers and other Producers
• Must be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for all stories
• Passion to develop and present story ideas
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies