Producer / Editor, Multi-Platform Promotions
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn Women's Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately seven million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
SNY is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to develop, produce, and edit innovative and breakthrough creative promos that reinforce the network's brand of being the â€œHome of All Things New York Sportsâ€ on its linear and digital platforms. The Producer/Editor should have excellent copywriting, producing, and AVID editing skills, the ability to manage several projects, as well as a strong working knowledge of television production and post-production practices.
• Create promotional concepts that enforce SNY's brand of being the â€œHome of All Things New York Sportsâ€ across all platforms, including conceptualization, copywriting, producing, and editing spots for on-air programming and digital assets.
• Produce creative and unique posts for social media that promote SNY's content and brand.
• Coordinate promotional activities with marketing, sales, and news departments for special events, news, game coverage, SNY.tv, social media, etc.
• Supervise on-camera and voice-over sessions.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 years of television or digital production experience, preferably in promotions.
• Exceptional creative writing skills.
• Thorough knowledge of sports, both regionally and nationally.
• Knowledge of digital and social platforms, trends, and standard methodologies.
• Must be fluent in Avid Media composer, After Effects and Photoshop.
• Working knowledge of production and post-production practices.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Communications or related degree is preferred.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
• Willingness to work occasional non-traditional business days/hours.
• Ability to edit under pressure of multiple deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.