NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Counsel business and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of personal information, with a focus on consumer data and related advertising and marketing use cases.
• Draft and negotiate privacy and data security terms for agreements related to third party vendors, advertising and marketing technologies.
• Assist in the counseling of digital properties, including consumer facing websites, mobile applications, and related internal databases with respect to privacy issues.
• Work closely with business, technology, information security, customer experience to establish relationships and deliver consistent, practical legal guidance and support.
• Track and advise on legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to data collection and use, tracking and analytics, advanced advertising, and related issues
• Review and assist in developing privacy controls with respect to privacy impact assessments, including privacy -related notices, policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
•Law Degree and member of US state bar in good standing
•Minimum of 5 years of experience with a law firm and/or corporate legal department advising on privacy matters
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
•Must be willing to work in New York, NY
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Experience negotiating commercial transactions and counseling clients with respect to privacy and information security issues.
•In-depth knowledge of privacy laws, best practices, frameworks, and self-regulatory models in U.S. and abroad, including data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules.
•Knowledge of advertising and marketing technology and privacy related industry standards such as the DAA, NAI, and IAB preferred.
•Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
•Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
•Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish business objectives.
•Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
•Strong work ethic
•Good natured team player