Platform Manager - NBC 5
NBC UniversalChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 5:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Platform Manager - NBC 5 jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Platform Manager - NBC 5 postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Platform Manager - NBC 5?
Full Time Job
NBC 5 Chicago, WMAQ-TV, is looking for a talented and motivated Platform Manager to produce the station's weekday midday newscast. The Platform Manager is responsible for the overall editorial content of the show.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Prepare and produce rundown for a one-hour live daily television newscast, including story selection, writing, video editing, graphic selection, and live control room execution.
• Work with assignment editors and content producers to select the most compelling and relevant stories
• Work with the production team to ensure smooth and seamless productions as well as with a Daypart Manager and other Platform Managers to ensure the most complete local news coverage.
• Play an active role in the editorial process and be advocate for their platform
• Responsible for writing, producing, desktop editing and gathering content for all platforms
• Responsible for effectively managing a pool of content producers, coaching, and mentoring as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years working in television newsroom environment
• Able to work overnight or early morning shift on a regular schedule and work overtime, on weekends, and any shift as necessary
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered: www.nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum 3 years of experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 3 years experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• Experience in desktop editing
• Strong journalistic skills, experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
• Significant experience as a producer in a major market for television or web-based news service
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• Team player mentality: ability to address challenges in a positive, constructive and calm manner