NBC UniversalPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Photojournalist, T39 Ktaz
As a Photojournalist the selected candidate will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, including general news, sports and feature stories. Including vo's, vosots, reporter packages, anchor packages and â€œPoint of View packages.â€
• Through the creative use of the camera, sound, lighting and editing, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
• Will operate camera, live truck, and editing equipment for sales, promotions and news.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate Telemundo personnel.
• Bilingual, English and Spanish command.
• A minimum of 2-year experience shooting videotape and live remotes in a Broadcast station preferred.
• A minimum of 2-year experience non-linear Editing, with a strong background in computer skills.
• Trade school or equivalent.
•Experience in editing full 30 to 90-minute newscasts.
•Ability to deliver high quality sweep stories. Edit daily news stories on deadline.
•Operate ENG Live Trucks /Streaming devices and other mobile gear and live equipment.
•Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects.
•Proficient in After Effects to create text treatments and animations.
• Must be able to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
• Must be able to lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time to shoot both in studio and on remote locations.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Phoenix/Tucson, AZ locations.
• Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and excellent driving record.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Strong interpersonal and computer skills.
• Great decision-making skills in fast paced, high pressure deadline situations.
• Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment desk using email software, cell phone, messaging tools, and social networks.
• • Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Team player.