NBC UniversalMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
WTVJ â€'' NBC 6 is looking for a Photojournalist who will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, including general news, sports, and feature stories. Including vo's, vo/sots, reporter packages, anchor packages and â€œPoint of View packagesâ€.
• Shoot and edit high-quality, national-level content for use on television and on-line.
• Enhance storytelling through the deliberate use of compelling images, natural sound, and engaging graphics.
• Collaborate with a variety of reporters and producers to ensure the best content is collected with the main focus on accuracy and creativity.
• Will operate camera, live truck, and edit non-liner and/or live events.
• Coordinate and organize all visual elements needed for editing.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
• A minimum of 4 years experience shooting and live remotes in a Broadcast station.
• A minimum of 3 years experience operating an ENG live/microwave truck .
• A minimum of 2 year experience non-linear Editing, preferably Adobe Premier and Edius, with a strong background in computer skills.
• Must be able to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
• Lift and carry camera equipment ranging from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time to shoot both in studio and on remote locations.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar/Miami locations.
• Must have a valid Florida driver's license, class D.
• Must be willing to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Bilingual Preferred, English and Spanish command.
• Trade school or equivalent.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Great decision making skills in fast paced, high pressure deadline situations.
• Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc).