Paid Intern - Media & Software Engineer
NBC UniversalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/17/2019 5:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Media & Software Engineer jobs in London-UK
Search all Paid Intern - Media & Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paid Intern - Media & Software Engineer?
Part Time Paid Internship
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, marketing of entertainment and news?
We have some outstanding opportunities for a Media and Software Engineer Interns to join one of the world's premier entertainment networks.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion for technology who are currently studying or have recently graduated as part of your studies ideally with C#, .NET, SQL Server and AWS experience.
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be studying or have no more than one year of experience post your graduating with a degree-level or equivalent course.
You must also be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship.
To ensure that you are considered for the placement that best fits your interest and skill set, we recommend that you apply to no more than 3 placements.
You will understand the fundamental design principals behind scalable applications and the importance of testing and security. You have the ability to quickly grasp the underlying business requirements of our operation and help us turn them into effective and reliable technical solutions that excite and delight our user base.
You will work together with an established, talented and experienced development team working with Agile Methodologies to help build out functionality on a .NET / AngularJs business system that supports key business functionality. There will also be opportunities to get involved with media engineering and post production delivery and support.
Exact responsibilities will vary slightly between each division/team; however the main responsibilities of any Media & Software Engineer Intern will include:
• Configuration of new linear and VOD channels
• Writing database queries and generating ad hoc reports
• Software development (peer reviewed)
• Software testing and creation of automated test cases
• System administration tasks
• Support and Issue resolution
• Media engineering and post production support tasks
• Opportunities to get involved with media engineering, post-production delivery and support
• A resourceful self-starter who is excited to contribute to delivering our ambitious technology roadmap
• A self-motivated team player, willing to both learn and mentor new technologies
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Experience or a willingness to learn Jira and Confluence
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be studying or have no more than one year of experience post your graduating with a degree-level or equivalent course specifically in;
• Computer Science.