Paid Intern - Legal
NBC UniversalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2019 5:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Legal jobs in London-UK
Search all Paid Intern - Legal postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paid Intern - Legal? Responsibilities
The legal intern's role is highly varied and provides the chance to engage with commercial and legal issues within the media and entertainment industry.
The legal intern works within the NBCUniversal International corporate legal function which provides legal expertise across the NBCUniversal International business groups in the areas of corporate transactions, litigation, data privacy, IP, company corporate and employment. You will work with lawyers on a broad range of matters in each of these specialist areas ranging from drafting and managing NDAs, goods and service agreements, waivers and release forms, assisting with board minutes to note taking at pre-litigation interviews, preparing court bundles and undertaking research. The role will bring you into contact with ail areas of the NBCUniversal business from theatrical and production to content distribution and channels. It also provides an insight into the corporate functions of a studio business such as corporate communications, HR, finance and operations and technical services.
• Entering rights information into a database which will require the interpretation of signed agreements and the responsibility of liaising with various parts of the business to ensure the accurate contract details are reflected in the rights management systems
• Communicating with members of the international business throughout Europe, Australasia, Asia and the US and strategic partners such as Sony and Paramount, confirming the rights position of titles
• Managing the 'Legal Deal Tracker', which tracks rights information for the titles the team has worked on during the year
• Working with lawyers from the initial stages of a deal where a title has been board approved, through to the signing of the deal assisting with procedural matters including overseeing execution of contracts
• Working closely with the Marketing, Operations, Content Strategy, Finance and TV Distribution teams, providing the opportunity to gain a strong insight into the wider business
• Conducting legal research, ad-hoc projects and tasks
You will be currently studying or recently graduated with a degree-level or equivalent course, seeking a 12 month internship
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship
- Fluent English is essential; additional languages may be useful This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.