Paid Intern - Acquisitions
NBC UniversalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2019 5:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Acquisitions jobs in London-UK
Search all Paid Intern - Acquisitions postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paid Intern - Acquisitions? Responsibilities
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, marketing of entertainment and news?
NBCUniversal International is offering a 12-month Acquisitions internship position within the Film Entertainment Group. The Acquisitions Development assesses a high volume of projects each week and needs to be across all new talent and content in the UK and internationally. Every acquirer is working on numerous deals in different stages of the acquisitions lifecycle at any given time, as well as pitching potential new projects. The teams attend at least 10-15 festivals/markets each year, which require extensive preparation.
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be studying or have no more than one year of experience post your graduating with a degree-level or equivalent course.
You must also be eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship.
To ensure that you are considered for the placement that best fits your interest and skillset, we recommend that you apply to no more than 3 placements.
Key Responsibilities are:
• Reading scripts, attending screenings& lives shows, watching programmes and providing commercial & creative feedback on them;
• Checking artist/entertainment/reviews websites each day to learn about new talents, gigs and projects. The intern should have their finger on the pulse of what is happening across multiple forms of entertainment and any other current trends;
• Pitching new ideas for projects and emerging talents the Content Group should be with;
• Researching potential new titles/genres/talents/brands and IP;
• Preparing internal pitch documents (info packs) and forecast requests
• Managing all script/ treatment submission and acting as central intelligence hub for the team
• Preparing new ideas for internal Broad Approval;
• Running P&L's/comparable and drafting offer letters:
• Managing the logistics for film festival/markets including Cannes, Berlin, Mipcom and US markets
• Updating various databases and trackers;
• Compiling the team's updates for the Content Group's monthly newsletter;
• Liaising across the different Departments in the Content Group both in the UK and internationally (i.e. legal, marketing, content strategy) and different business units (i.e. focus features)
• Performing administrative duties
You will be studying or recently graduated with a degree-level or equivalent course, seeking a 12-month internship. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.