NBC UniversalSan Diego, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2023 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for News Producer jobs in San Diego-CA
Search all News Producer postings
Full Time Job
As a News Producer for NBC San Diego, you will be responsible for the creation of a daily newscast.
• Conceptualize stories with story producers, reporters, and talent
• Critique production, writing and editing of news stories.
• Work with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of the newscast.
• Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment
• Edit news content using non-linear editing equipment.
• Manage the newscast story producers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
• Salary range: $65-85k
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer
• Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
• Internal applicants must submit via myNBCU Careers
• Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have valid drivers license
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
• Must submit a sample of own work to be considered
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal desired
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.