News Content Producer
NBC UniversalChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2021 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for News Content Producer jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all News Content Producer postings
Full Time Job
News Content Producer NBC 5
WMAQ-TV, NBC Chicago has an opportunity to work in our highly-regarded Newsroom producing engaging news stories for broadcast.
Here you will:
• Work closely with the Platform Managers, DayPart Managers and Assignment Editors, as well as Reporters and Anchors to create high-quality and informative news stories with integrity and facts.
• Shoot stories in the field, desktop edit, write and produce news stories for air. Gather content for all of WMAQ-TV's news platforms, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web and on-air broadcast.
• Responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories for all platforms throughout the day.
• Expected to initialize, develop and produce news stories for news segment, as well as longer news pieces for air or specials.
• Participate in editorial planning sessions and provide creative story ideas.
• Add content to our digital and social platforms in conjunction with our dedicated digital content team.
We are looking for an individual who will bring a strong sense of story and compelling visual style. In addition:
• Minimum 4 years of experience with news writing, producing, and desktop editing across multiple platforms and social media
• Must be willing and able to work overnight shift, weekends, longer hours and varying shifts as assigned and when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
To qualify you must:
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered for this position
At NBC we love to have diversity at the work place and encourage our employees to have a variety of skills. We would highly value if you are:
• Able to cultivate new information from outside sources to generate creative story ideas and gather reliable information for news content
• Exceptional writer, producer, analytical and organizational skills
• Knowledgeable in navigating the Internet, Nexis and other research databases
• Able to make sound news decisions as they relate to news production under continual deadlines
• Able to excel and be productive within a fast-paced and multi-cultural news team environment
• Strong journalism skills
• Fluency in Spanish and English (written and verbal)