NBC UniversalSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
CNBC International is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a passion for journalism to join our Singapore newsroom. As a News Assistant, you'll be joining a dynamic team of Producers, Reporters and Correspondents to deliver breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews for the world's number one busines and financial news network.
This role is ideal for candidates looking to kickstart their career in journalism and content production, with a keen interest in business, economics, and financial markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about business and markets, whilst supporting both developing and breaking news stories.
What you'll do:
You will support the Singapore show team in production duties for Asia Business Day News programmes. Your primary focus will be TV production, but you'll also contribute to repurposing content across CNBC's portfolio, including CNBC.com, CNBC Pro and our growing social media and digital video platforms.
• Working with Editors and show teams to select and edit video to match news scripts
• Assist the show team to provide elements for show segments
• Building graphics using CNBC's in-house applications and liaising with the graphics department
• Writing accurate interview transcripts
• Researching stories as directed, finding background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources
• Writing copy for use on various platforms
• Pitching, researching and booking guests
• Basic script writing
• Clipping content for social media and CNBC.com
• Contributing to ad-hoc projects as required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
What you'll bring:
• A strong passion for broadcasting, media and content production
• A keen interest and desire to learn about financial markets and business news
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and effectively prioritise and manage workload independently
• Collaborative teamwork, being able to adapt and a willingness to learn will be valued
• Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure and short deadlines
• An openness to develop and learn new skills, with long-term aspirations to progress your career within NBCUniversal's award winning News Group.
• Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.