NBC Digital News Intern, NBC Boston - Spring
NBC UniversalNeedham, MA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 8:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for NBC Digital News Intern, NBC Boston - Spring jobs in Needham-MA
Search all NBC Digital News Intern, NBC Boston - Spring postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 U.S. markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-housecompanies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of U.S. homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by October 13, 2023.
Summer Internship Program Dates: January â€'' April 2024 (10 weeks)
• Participate in daily editorial process: planning, researching, newsgathering, logging, writing and editing
• Learn editorial and technical aspects of news gathering
• Shadow producers and assignment editors
• Produce individual news stories for demo reels and online
• Create social media content for multiple platforms
• Participate in studio anchor session
• Research view calls and tips and assist on the assignment desk
• Create individual special project opportunities
• Interns should have some experience in journalism, at least in the classroom, but preferably in a television newsroom setting.
• Schedule requirements: Interns should be willing to work a variety of shifts in order to get the best experience. Interns should be able to work at least two full weekdays.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Must be bilingual in Spanish (written and verbal).
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Need to be able to work on-site in Needham MA
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus involvement
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.