Maury Production Internships Fall
NBC UniversalStamford, CT
Part Time Paid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Maury is a daily, one-hour nationally syndicated talk show hosted by veteran journalist Maury Povich.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Interns at Maury will work closely with production and office staff in various areas of the show. Interns will get hands-on experience in production and will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with producers, their associates and production assistants.
• The interns' main responsibility will be assisting with the production of the show on a tape day; working closely with production assistants, helping guests, and running errands. Interns are also responsible for show call-in hotlines (the one potential guests call in order to be on the show), sorting and tagging mail and e-mails.
• All interns will also get an opportunity to work with the audience department and have the opportunity to sit in the control room during tape days.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Stamford, CT
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 15, 2019
Fall Program Dates: August-December
• Desired Backgrounds: Communications, Digital/New Media, English, Film/TV Production, Film/Television, Journalism, Media Studies
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, detail oriented, team player, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry and live TV production
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
• School or internship experience in television production