NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
• Participates in identifying training needs through use of formal needs assessments and field research to support USH frontline, lead, supervisory training programs, and FOH Manager-In-Training and onboarding. Works with the HR team, client department leaders and subject matter experts to assess the learning needs of team members within the assigned client groups.
• Administers, sources and/or facilitates USH training programs. Includes scheduling, delivery, tracking, marketing, administration and evaluation.
• Designs and customizes program materials; including facilitator guides, participant workbooks, presentations, and job aids. Incorporates ongoing evaluation information into class materials on a continuous improvement cycle. Researches and customizes new learning solutions, not limited to instructor-led, online learning, and on-the-job learning. Ensures training materials are updated, relevant and support current Standard Operating Procedures.
• Manages development and activities of direct and indirect reports. Manages the certified trainer development program (selection criteria, skill development/evaluation) for assigned client group(s).
• Partners and supports client with special employee engagement, development and OD initiatives.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety and compliance responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Builds and maintains strong client, and subject matter expert relationships to gather ongoing needs assessment information and build curriculum content.
• Bachelors Degree (Instructional Systems Development, Communications, Education, or related area) or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years of experience in training needs analysis, curriculum and training design, and training evaluation.
• Demonstrated solid instructional design experience.
• Effective training and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and Instructional Methodologies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
• Effective planning and management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Instructional Design Certification a Plus