Manager, Talent & Casting
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, weâ€™ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Talent & Casting Manager will report to the SVP, Casting & Talent for NBCUâ€™s Entertainment Content Group and will support talent aspects of NBC, Peacock, E!, Bravo, Oxygen True Crime, Syfy, USA, Universal Kids & Syndication Studios.
• Primarily support unscripted talent efforts for the NBCU Entertainment Content group
• Day-to-day point person on assigned projects liaising between the network, production company, Talent, and other internal departments. This will include ideating and creating materials for internal pitches and covering meetings and shoots
• Outreach to Talent & industry representatives for external Talent submissions
• Provide point of view on Talent submissions
• Set and lead Talent general meetings, then proactively pitch up-and-coming and existing Talent for different internal priorities and projects
• Create Talent presentations for internal use, utilizing photo and video assets. Must be familiar with editing/trimming video
• Create and maintain department grids, Talent databases, and pitch letters
• Continue to build relationships with Talent and their representatives
• 3 years of professional experience in unscripted, scripted television and/or digital content, ideally from a casting, Talent booking and development standpoint
• Strong pre-existing relationships with Talent agencies, managers, publicists, talent bookers and casting directors
• Hands on casting & auditioning experience â€'' industry outreach, scheduling, running and producing an in-person session, editing and uploading for distribution
• Hands on Talent booking experience - pitching names that match creatively and securing the Talent through representation
• Hands on experience working & interacting with Talent
• Willing and able to attend casting and talent related events after hours and/or on weekends
• Working knowledge of Canva, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and basic editing software
• Love of pop culture, television, movies, music, and up to date on trends
• Proactive, self-motivated and the ability to work independently
• Strategic thinker with excellent prioritization skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high energy environment with the capacity to manage a high volume of requests
• Has high emotional intelligence, is personable, flexible and stays calm under pressure
• Ability to work with and manage expectations of individuals with widely varying personalities
• Comfortable and professional when working with Talent
• Strong communication and presentation skills
Hybrid: This position has been designated as a hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
$80,000.00 - 100,000.00 per year