Manager Of Global Communications and Media Relations
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) is seeking a Manager of Global Communications and Media Relations who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a manager, you will support the communications team with a specific focus on media monitoring and corporate initiatives such as feature announcements, box office reporting, competitive intelligence, research projects and more. This role requires close work with cross-functional partners to identify and develop stories and maintain relationships.
The UFEG Global Communications manager must be a self-starter, highly resourceful, and a problem solver with proven written and oral communication skills. They must have a passion for the film/entertainment industry and the business of communications. The Global Communications team members are all champions of, and ambassadors for, the UFEG and Universal Pictures brand, so our team member must have a â€˜can-do' spirit and a positive approach to the job.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Support corporate communications team by conducting research, media monitoring, drafting announcements, pitches and FAQs.
• Curate two newsletters sent to UFEG executive team daily and support VPs with media monitoring.
• Manage media monitoring including the use of third-party vendors, while generating weekly and monthly reports, daily clippings and weekly recaps.
• Manage media lists and media list databases with a focus on updating in real-time to keep the team informed in a timely manner of all reporter and outlet changes.
• Identify metrics to measure reach and impact of communications as well as areas of success and opportunity.
• Maintain term deal list, key media lists, international and domestic box office distribution lists.
• Support box office reporting including tracking coverage and first drafts of box office notes.
• Maintain and update team calendar of initiatives including speaking engagements, awards submissions, editorial and event calendars.
• Manage spokesperson materials including media training, executive headshots and bios along with interview briefing sheets and other documents as assigned.
• Manage a tracking system for press inquiries, while also cultivating relationships with key press.
• Assist VPs with managing executive social media accounts.
• Cultivate relationships across UFEG to ensure strong collaboration with our team.
â- Bachelor's degree required; business, communications or journalism discipline preferred.
â- Minimum 3 years of relevant communications experience.
â- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other applications.
â- Knowledge of Meltwater, Studio System a plus.
â- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
â- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
â- Must be available to work extended hours and travel as needed
â- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
â- Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors.
â- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
â- Demonstrates ability to work on a team and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas.
â- Proven relationships with reporters across multiple verticals.
â- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
â- Must be able to maintain department business with the utmost confidentiality.