Manager, Marketing & Awards
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Studio Group (USG) is a global content production division of NBC Universal, producing award winning Television, Podcasts and Graphic Novels.
The Manager, Marketing and Awards will support the development, implementation, and review of all facets of marketing across brand and awards. This role is a central point for creative, media and social.
The position will report directly to the VP of Global Brand Strategy & Marketing, with an additional reporting line into the Director of Awards & Festivals. This position is based in the Universal City, CA offices but will start as working remotely.
• Assist in the execution of long-term strategy and tactical opportunities for Brand Marketing and Awards
• Passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion through representation of our campaigns
• Responsible for allocated creative briefing and review across all representations of elements and executions
• Develop strong relationships with our creative agencies, with an eye for creative excellence
• Liaise with Legal, Business Affairs and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure approvals are met for all marketing activations internally and requested by platforms
• Work closely with the marketing finance coordinator to accurately manage annual budgets
• Confident speaker and presenter to stakeholders at all levels to secure buy in
• Serve as the B2B brand steward for all allocated shows, supporting both talent and platform needs, through the development of brand and marketing guidelines
• Provide guardianship over, ideation, creative, partnerships, media and launch plans
• Assist in the execution of long-term strategy and tactical opportunities, support the establishment of a unified and authentic voice for USG
• Ownership over the day-to-day marketing operations of our Podcast business
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing content distribution plans across social media platforms
• Work with our social agencies to build and maintain a comprehensive calendar for social
• Manage and understand analytics reporting across social media platforms delivering regular insights on asset performance
• Contribute to the long-term goals of growth and evolving social media strategy
• Work in tandem with VP of Global Brand Marketing and Director of Awards & Festivals to execute strategic and impactful awards marketing campaigns for year-round competitions for properties within the Universal Studio Group umbrella
• Work alongside team to establish aesthetic, branding and awareness goals for FYC campaigns
• Develop innovative, headline-generating and first-to-market ideas to maximize campaigns
• Co-Manage media buying and design agencies to secure and coordinate media and deliverables for awards-eligible programming, including but not limited to print, outdoor, digital, social media, activations/promotions, email blasts, etc.
• Responsible for specific campaign tactics and all related production workflows, timelines, project deliverables, resources, asset requests and approvals
• Work cross-functionally with Publicity team to develop and manage thoughtful creative campaigns for FYC campaigns
• Develop knowledge of various voting bodies, trends, and competitive landscape to effectively drive engagement with specific groups
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 4 years entertainment marketing and/or publicity experience, preferably at a studio
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Exemplary writing and editing skills
• Detail oriented and dedicated to accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills - ability to successfully communicate across wider USG and NBCUniversal organization
• Clear thinker - ability to identify crucial issues early and problem solve
• Excellent multitasker working to tight schedules, pivoting priorities quickly and efficiently
• self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Strong level of independence and ownership, while working within a team
• A creative thinker, can both concept and help advance innovative and creative ideas
• Willingness to travel and work some nights and weekends