Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Human Resources - Universal Brand Development
The Universal Brand Development (UBD) HR team in Los Angeles is looking for a Human Resources Manager responsible for providing day-to-day HR support at all levels, operates as a global strategic thought partner and offer input into organization design, manage employee relations issues, ensure a robust talent pipeline, facilitate performance management, and all other HR initiatives.
• Partner with HR Director to develop and drive the global people strategy by developing and executing on various HR initiatives across UBD.
• Operate as a business partner providing HR guidance/expertise and demonstrating deep understanding in HR practices, the business operations, and other related areas (ex: coaching and management, organizational design, employee engagement, etc.)
• Manage the execution of key HR initiatives, including performance management, organization planning, compensation planning, and learning and development
• Partner closely with leaders to manage strategic initiatives for UBD, including: employee engagement, retention, compensation, employee relations matters, and organizational structuring, career development & diversity programs.
• Be a values and culture champion. Support the development of a culture that â€˜thinks global and acts local', as well as drives DE&I efforts ensuring a culture where every employee can thrive and encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities.
• Coach Managers on leadership development to create an empowered workforce
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
• Responsible for attraction, retention, development and organization design across UBD and broader Universal Parks & Resorts organization.
• Partner with NBCU HR community to work collaboratively across HR matrix and wider HR agenda in a productive, team-oriented way
• Manage performance, corrective action and integrity issues in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field is a plus.
• 5 years working within the HR function (3 years as a generalist is desirable), or a combination of education and other relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with HR information systems, such as SAP