Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Provide overall human resources support for the Theme Park with a special emphasis on conducting investigations and resolving concerns related to Team Member complaints, misconduct and performance.
• Provide HR counsel to Management Team on employee relations issues as well as investigating and responding to complaints and complex, high-risk, or sensitive employee relations cases.
• Ensuring fair and consistent enforcement of policies and practices. Investigate employee work place situations including claims of harassment, discrimination and policy violations.
• Provide advice and consultation for exempt and non-exempt employees on policy interpretation, performance coaching, conflict resolution, career development, etc. Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements, as necessary.
• Assists the leadership team in evaluating performance of individual Team Members and providing guidance regarding development. Ensures people have the right skills, tools and talents to perform their roles.
• Lead key HR processes for client groups (compensation planning, performance management and goal setting, succession planning, Team Member Satisfaction Survey (TSAT, 360 feedback, etc)
• Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and to assist in resolving grievances.
• Provides support to client groups by interacting and communicating with Team Members in the park, visiting break rooms and Lead offices in order to promote positive relations and seek out/resolve potential issues.
• Support the TSAT team efforts by assisting management with communication and action planning. Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve Team Member morale and reinforce core values.
• Act as liaison between clients and core staff functions by assisting with rolling out new Company initiatives and communicating information relating to career development, recognition programs, payroll, benefits, training and staffing.
• Mentor and provide guidance to professional staff related to their career goals. Build bench strength within the departments by identifying training and development opportunities.
• Partner with HRIS on resolving system issues and to help ensure data integrity. Partner with Timekeeper on payroll problems and resolutions.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• A Minimum of 5 years of proven Human Resources generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, performance management & organizational development processes/activities, coaching/advising, and compensation.
• Three years of experience in leading a team, and developing professionals