Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide human resource support for the Corporate Functions of NBCUniversal. The Human Resources Manager will provide HR support to the Human Resources, Corporate Events, Diversity & Inclusion, Global Talent Booking, and Symphony organizations. S/he will have responsibility for directly supporting executive level clients, managing employee relations issues, providing strategic input on organizational design, leading the performance management process, compensation planning, succession planning, and all other HR initiatives for this population. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a champion for internal mobility and play a critical role in leading and supporting projects and initiatives that align with business objectives. This role will report directly into the Director, HR for Corporate.
• Provide high-touch, proactive HR support to Corporate Functions clients in the areas of employee relations, compensation, staffing, organization design, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
• Lead and/or participate in strategic HR initiatives or process improvements tailored to client groups to address organizational effectiveness, retention, and development needs.
• Proactively develop and implement creative training and development experiences to engage the human resources community.
• Act as an advocate for talent, develop, manage and promote internal mobility strategies.
• Collaborate with business HR Managers to identify and retain top talent across the communications function through talent reviews and succession planning.
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
• Assist in managing specific initiatives including focus group surveys, exit interviews, performance feedback training, and other special projects.
• Support the staffing process in concert with our internal talent acquisition team to identify, select, develop and retain world-class talent and ensure a dynamic pipeline.
• Collaborate closely with HR teams (i.e. HR Operations, Learning & Development, HR Connection, Compensation, and Legal) to execute on responsibilities.
• Uses critical thinking and data analytics to drive HR strategy and day to day client management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of professional level HR experience
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to travel for work related business as necessary
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality services in a fast-paced environment
• Proven track record of managing sensitive information in a mature and professional manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Dynamic team player with the ability to collaborate with team members, employees, and managers
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently and navigate complex and uncertain environments
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with HR information systems, such as SAP