Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Operations and Technology Engineering HR team at NBCUniversal is looking for a collaborative, results-driven and innovative HR Manager. This role joins a high-performing team of experienced HR professionals striving to exceed employee expectations and deliver an engaging, respectful and collaborative work environment.
We support the Chief Technology Officer of Ops and Tech at NBCU with focus on Production, Distribution, Infrastructure and Hosting and Software Development. In this role you will support a variety of teams across New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami and Denver.
In this role, you will be the key HR partner for several functions in the operation of a unique content-creating city. You will help drive HR projects that span: onboarding, rewards and recognition, performance feedback, talent attraction and development, and HR's business impact. In the day to day, you will strategize in the areas of: organization design & integration, staffing, compensation planning, manager coaching, employee development, workforce planning and performance management.
• Be a business partner with an HR expertise leading resolution in employee relations issues for represented and non-represented employees with a proactive, inclusive and fair approach, leveraging experts from our Labor Relations and Employment Law teams as needed
• Be the chief interpreter and implementer for HR policies, practices and procedures for all level of employees, looking to further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business
• Champion both the employee perspective and the company needs to promote a positive, collaborative, respectful, and engaging work environment
• Be a talent magnet, partnering with clients and our internal talent acquisition team, to create innovative and effective recruitment strategies seeking candidates from a diverse background and life experiences, and using exceptional candidate selection skills to build the best team for the organization
• Be a project driver role as needed for strategic HR team projects both local and company-wide, looking to ideate and execute programs that develop and engage our employees throughout their career life-cycle
Let's Talk About You...
• Executer – You get things done! Using strong business acumen, inciteful analytical skills, and superior process/project management skills you manage through competing priorities even with a matrixed environment
• Communicates with ease – You have a way with words; written and verbal
• Trusted counselor – You quickly gain trust and respect with anyone you come in contact with and can influence as needed, keeping a client-focused mindset
• Coach – You help bring the best potential out of the employees, managers, and partners you work with helping them to continue to develop and create a great place to work with one another
• Translator – You have vision – see the ''big picture'' and be able to boil it down to the appropriate HR and business strategy to make it work
• Self-starter – Motivated and can work with minimal guidance, finding the resources to help you out
What You Must Have
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Labor Relations or related field (Master's Degree preferred)
• 5 years of relevant professional level HR experience; if you've worked with Unions, it's a plus!