Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
• Provide HR counsel to Management Team on employee relations issues as well as investigating and responding to complaints and complex, high-risk, or sensitive employee relations cases.
• Ensuring fair and consistent enforcement of policies and practices. Investigate employee work place situations including claims of harassment, discrimination and policy violations.
• Provide advice and consultation for exempt and non-exempt employees on policy interpretation, performance coaching, conflict resolution, career development, etc. Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements, as necessary.
• Assists the leadership team in evaluating performance of individual team members and providing guidance regarding development. Ensures people have the right skills, tools and talents to perform their roles.
• Lead key HR processes for client groups (salary planning/reward management, performance management and goal setting, succession planning, employee satisfaction survey/ESAT, 360 feedback, etc)
• Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and to assist in resolving grievances.
• Provides support to client groups by interacting and communicating with employees in the park, visiting break rooms and Lead offices in order to promote positive relations and seek out/resolve potential issues.
• Support the ESAT team efforts by assisting management with communication and action planning. Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve employee morale and reinforce core values.
• Act as liaison between clients and core staff functions by assisting with rolling out new Company initiatives and communicating information relating to career development, recognition programs, payroll, benefits, training and staffing.
• Mentor and provide guidance to professional staff related to their career goals. Build bench strength within the departments by identifying training and development opportunities.
• Proactively manage HR systems in order to ensure data integrity. Partner with HRIS on resolving system issues. Partner with Timekeeper on payroll problems and resolutions.
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field -OR- equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible Human Resources generalist experience, including experience with employee relations, staffing, performance management & organizational development processes/activities, compensation and benefits.
• 3 years' experience in leading and developing staff professionals
• Advanced degree in HR management, Organizational Development or Industrial Relations is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi tasking skills.
• Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as SAP and Oracle.
• Experience in union/represented environments and retail or hospitality industry highly preferred.
• Ability to develop integrated solutions from inception to post-delivery assessment.
• Occasional flexibility with working weekends and holidays, if needed.