Manager, HR & Employee Relations
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role will provide Human Resources support to NBC Entertainment to facilitate growth in a fun and dynamic working environment. This role is primarily responsible for managers and employees on Human Resource and ER issues for television productions based in the eastern US and Canada. This position reports to VP, Human Resources, NBC Entertainment.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage high volume of employee relations investigations regarding complaints, harassment, integrity violations, retaliation and performance concerns. Provide recommendations and collaborate with Labor Relations and Employment Law on solutions, outcomes or formal disciplinary action.
• Provide daily HR support to Studio Productions (e.g. Run-of-Show, episodic and pilots) including heavy employee relations, compensation, staffing and recruitment, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff.
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, and balancing business needs with employee needs.
• Manage performance, corrective action and integrity issues in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
• Strong knowledge of state (California/New York) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration
• Partner with management to help develop and facilitate training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development.
• Travel to production locations to attend on site legal compliance trainings.
• Manage employee relations activities such as special events, employee advocacy, monitoring and reporting for Production departments, and conflict resolution initiatives.
• Continually monitor and maintain company policies and procedures, and remain current on relevant legal issues relating to employment
• Participate in broader HR projects in support of the entire NBC Entertainment organization
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience conducting investigations.
• Minimum 5 years relevant HR experience, preferably as a manager, with an emphasis in employee relations and client based work.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to travel for business as necessary (approximately 20%, including internationally) and have schedule flexibility to support year-round production demands.
• Must have unrestricted ability to travel internationally
• Be a creative partner and problem solver with a passion for Employee Relations
• Demonstrable ability to deal with confidential information with discretion.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required
along with comprehensive understanding of applicable State/Federal employment laws to help guide and interpret general business practices .
• Previous experience with labor unions strongly preferred.
• Convey excellent executive presence, project management, and presentation abilities in corporate and production environments, for both internal and external clients
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
• Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
• Must have ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
• Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience preferred
• Sense of humor appreciated, quick thinking and approachable nature needed
• Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced but rewarding environment