Manager, Film Music Production
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Film Music Creative is a key member of the Creative group of executives in the Film Music department. This self-starter is responsible for a variety of ongoing film/project-related routines. Specifically, this role will oversee and manage all music needs for Back Lot Music soundtracks, and third-party soundtracks.
Back Lot Music Soundtracks:
• Manage production and assembly process from film score to soundtrack album
• Coordinate album mastering with composer and engineer
• Work with vendors to design album packaging and artwork
• Partner with business affairs on third party song licensing
• Generate label copy and album credits for album packaging
• Digitally distribute albums via iTunes Producer/ iTunes Connect and Tunecore.
• Oversee CD manufacturing and distribution
• Procure vinyl partnerships and sub licensing deals
• Provide source material for digital marketing initiatives
• Process label related invoices and external vender set up
Third Party Soundtracks:
• Manage audio and artwork production process from film to soundtrack
• Work with internal marketing and print teams to supply album assets to label partner
• Generate label copy
• Route materials to internal executives and filmmakers for final approval
• Oversee audio production and restoration for music asset preservation initiative
• Work with Business Affairs and Publishing on catalog soundtrack sub licensing partnerships
• Oversee catalog score audio production and restoration process along with album packaging and design
• Coordinate with archives and sound department to locate original master sources and stems for licensing clients
• Liaise with post supervisor, music editor and sound department to facilitate music delivery and archival procedures
• Inventory music delivery elements to ensure all assets are collected and labeled correctly
• Create in-house copies of stereo score, songs, and stems for internal department use
• Deliver final score and original songs to marketing/brand partnerships for use in materials
• Collect preliminary cue sheet and deliver to publishing for final submission
• Continue â€œback upâ€ procedures with archives/sound department to ensure an LTO copy of deliverables is archived and stored in a different location.
•Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, 3 years related experience, 3 years in the music industry.
•Prior experience working in music for a motion picture or television studio, production company, music label, composer, or music supervisor.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Proven track record of a high level of proficiency in music production and its trends.
•Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail is a must.
•Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
•Personal, collaborative and team-oriented spirit with the ability to work with a broad range of professionals at various levels and different interests.
•Entrepreneurial spirit -, keeps up with trends in the music industry and related cost of scoring.
•A driven self-starter that can multi-task and work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
•Deadline-oriented and demonstrates a sense of urgency.