Manager, Casting and Talent Relations
NBC UniversalMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Manager of Casting and Talent Relations is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Casting & Talent department. Actively participates in the creative identification and selection of talent for the Fiction series and pilots and executing all business-related practices and strategy for casting and talent management and relations in scripted programming for the International and Hispanic market.
• Works closely with the Director of Casting & Talent Relations regarding projects, casting needs/preferences or certain roles
• Participates on calls with writers and development team to discuss character profiles and needs.
• Reads the scripts, character profiles and casting scenes for better understanding of character motivations and rolls and reviews material needed for casting call executions (percentages, roll profiles, casting scenes, etc.)
• Works with manager on a list/brainstorming of possible talent proposals taking into consideration the emotional characteristics, physical characteristics, and physical requirements of each character to be casted on series and pilots
• Creates the project and casting schedules on Casting Networks or similar casting systems for performers auditions
• Follows up with performers and agents on their availability and interest in the project for casting purposes
• Responsible for evaluating casting submissions and schedule casting presentations for evaluation of VP of Casting and Talent Relations
• Responsible for constantly identifying new talent, casting agencies, and acting schools and provides talent recommendations
• Requests updated resumes, photos, films, and video tapes for performers under consideration and updates systems accordingly
• Creates Talent requests, presentations, and maintains updates documents for projects (Casting Share, SharePoint, Scenechronize, PowerPoints, Cosmogonias, Cast lists, etc.)
• Participates as requested on castings evaluations by third party production companies to ensure full participation of talent agencies as well as the selection of top candidates based on qualifications and role characteristics
• Responsible for maintaining talent and agents' databases, performance notes & feedback, and maintains notes and comments of audition/ call backs /status of each candidate & brainstorming session.
Talent Relations Responsibilities:
• Support Manager on creation of star system strategy for all TGS and TSS Talent by evaluating, analyzing, and recommending opportunities.
• Supports Manager on coordination & execution of Talent Requests from all TGS & TSS Clients
• Development and deployment of â€œWelcome Packages and Documentsâ€ and â€œWrap Giftsâ€ for TGS & TSS productions, providing concierge services for Talent during Production & Promotion
• Alongside Manager, acts as TGS Talent liaison, build, and maintain excellent relationships with Talent, managers & publicists, TLMD or external clients and key executives
• Coordinates and supervises talent of scripted series on projects assigned (Castings, events, special dates, etc.)
• Works with the Director of Casting and Talent Relations on talent requests for local events or any other Specials/Priorities
• Participates and providers talent support on location, Media trainings for talent, red carpets, show premieres, events, after parties, press junkets, promotions as needed on shows assigned by manager
• Assists in different internal requests (UND, SLS, ARV, LVK, any specials/shows, Digital, Telemundo Internacional, Public/Community Affairs and Publicity team)
• In conjunction with Manager & Client, responsible for handling Talent (and Companion) travel & logistics coordination and agenda (airfare, hotel, transport, per diem, glam, etc.)
• Aids in the coordination of talent at Telemundo related events (Billboard Awards, Premieres) as needed
• Supports Manager on the Concierge Services for talent during Production & Promotion
• Supports manager on internal requests (UND, SLS, ARV, LVK, any specials/shows, Digital, Telemundo Internacional, Public/Community Affairs, Marketing Campaigns and Publicity team)
• Support Manager on all Employee experience and promotional events requests
• Supports Manager on travel & logistics arrangements for talent (travel requirements, contact info, visas, manager/publicists)
• Supports Manager on talent requests for Billboard, Latin AMAs, iHeartRadio or any other Specials/Priorities
• Assists in Digital or Social Media Talent activations (i.e. social media push to Talent, YouTube, Facebook or Instagram activations)
• Symphony Talent Requests
• Talent invitations to Network or TGS events/parties (i.e. Premios Billboard, Latin AMAs, NATPE, Screening/Premiere/Wrap events) and coordinating all necessary Talent logistics
• Ensures and maintains a strict code of conduct with talent and talent agencies following the company's guidelines and regulations regarding conflicts of interest in the workplace
• Supervises Talent Specialists and Coordinators to ensure all department personnel are helping on the assigned projects in a timely and effective manner
• Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Casting and Talent Relations and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios' infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
• Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment
• Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the TV production industry
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Internet search engines and other programs
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions if necessary
• Industry knowledge including Talent Agencies, Talents, industry trends, etc.
• Previous experience working with scripted productions
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Willingness to travel including weekends
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Internet search engines
Additional Job Requirements
•Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
•Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
•Must be 18 years or older
•Must have a valid driver's license
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
•Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
•Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
•Prior experience working for a casting/talent agency or similar company
•Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
•Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
•Strong attention to detail
•An influential team player
•Customer service oriented