Coordinator, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Coordinator provides HR support to Supervisors/Managers and non-exempt employees in the Theme Park, with heavy emphasis on maintaining positive employee relations. The HR Coordinator will also serve as a liaison with other HR departments including Staffing, Training, Payroll, and Benefits in order to manage and resolve issues as well as assist with HR process coordination.
include but are not limited to:
• Under the general guidance of HR Manager/Director, the HR Coordinator will provide advice to managers and supervisors regarding non-exempt employee relations and performance issues and ensure that corrective employee coaching and counseling are handled in a fair and consistent manner
• Consult directly with clients and provide timely support to all inquiries, working alongside HR team to ensure all issues are resolved and escalated if/when necessary (i.e. timecard corrections, SAP system questions, leave of absence, status changes, separations, all related follow-up paperwork, etc.)
• Assists HR Manager/Director with annual HR process coordination for client group (goal setting, performance evaluations, employee satisfaction survey/TSAT, 360 feedback, etc.)
• Maintains communication with employees and department (i.e. leaves of absence forms, status changes, benefits, rehire, and related follow-up paperwork)
• Partner with Timekeeper team on payroll problems and resolutions. Work closely with HRIS on resolving SAP issues and ensuring accuracy of employee data.
• Support the TSAT team efforts by assisting client group management with communication and action planning. Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve employee morale and reinforce core values.
• Partner with Labor Relations to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and to assist in resolving grievances.
• Provides back-up coverage and support within Field HR team and additional areas as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field required.
• Minimum 1 year Human Resources experience in a high volume and fast paced environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi tasking skills.
• Ability to objectively coach employees through difficult and emotional issues.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRMS such as SAP and Oracle.
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments and retail or hospitality industry highly preferred.
• Ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.