HR Coordinator, Leave Of Absence
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/27/2021 3:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for HR Coordinator, Leave Of Absence jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all HR Coordinator, Leave Of Absence postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a HR Coordinator, Leave Of Absence?
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for processing leave of absence (LOA) for union and non-union employees, determining FMLA eligibility in partnership with outside leave administrator and sending out applicable correspondences regarding the status of employee's leave of absence requests. This position also serves as a liaison between the employees, Health Services, Workers Compensation, Park Management, and outside leave administrator to manage the coordinator of employee work restrictions and accommodations.
• Manages and tracks LOA process manually and with outside administrator for both non-union and union populations, collaborating with management, NBCU Benefits and Payroll, and HR Partners, as needed
• Sends necessary paperwork and communication to employees, processes claims, and tracks time off for all leaves of absence including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, FMLA, Parental Leave, Professional Leave and Disability
• Acts as point person for employees with inquiries about leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations. Engages in the interactive process with employees when necessary.
• Partners with Park Management on reasonable accommodation requests with consideration and review of the employee's job description
• Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
• Tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes in coordination with outside administrator
• Proactively manages HR systems in order to ensure data integrity. Leverages SAP for reporting and streamlining of HR processes (LOA tracking). Partners with HRIS on resolving SAP issues. Submits HR transactions and workflow forms for day-to-day processing of leaves of absence.
• Maintains employee LOA files
• Educates and empowers clients to become self-sufficient on Employee Self-Service, navigating through NBCU resources and SAP, and with outside leave administrator
• Provides back-up coverage and support for HR team and additional areas needed
• Assists HR team with annual HR process coordination for client groups (performed evaluations tracking, Lead Applications Tracking, etc.)
• Processes employee separations: Complete workflow form and paperwork, coordinate exit interview, final check, collect and return Company property, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; human Resources, Business, Communication or related field preferred
• Minimum 1 year of Human Resources experience with knowledge of LOA and disability principles is required; 1 year of leave administration and disability management experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations, ADA, and Worker's Compensation required
• Knowledge of medical disability management required
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments in retail or hospitality industry preferred
• Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically, and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• SAP or HRIS experience preferred
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Can easily multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required