Head Of Human Resources - Fandango
NBC UniversalBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Role Summary & Responsibilities
The Head of Human Resources has overall responsibility for the design, development and delivery of effective HR strategies that support the business priorities at Fandango. This position will serve as a key member of the senior management team at Fandango and the human resources staff across our entertainment television and streaming businesses. Areas of focus include organization effectiveness, talent acquisition, development, retention and workforce planning for all staff.
include, but are not limited to:
• Provide strategic human resources leadership and operate as a sophisticated business partner in supporting Fandango goals and objectives. Drive HR initiatives including organizational effectiveness, recruitment, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition and employee communication and events.
• Partner closely with Fandango leadership to ensure they and their teams are well positioned to deliver on priorities and position Fandango for the future. This includes organization design, talent management, change management and 1 on 1 coaching.
• Play a key role in the operating mechanisms of the business, including leading the annual talent review, performance assessment, compensation planning and providing support and input for Fandango's Long-Range Plan and operating plans.
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talent and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
• Working closely with Employment Law & Labor Relations to create and execute a comprehensive employee relations strategy.
• Work with managers to build a career path for employees, identifying opportunities for training, new skill acquisition and advancement.
• Help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures.
• Identify, develop and retain world-class talent and ensure a dynamic pipeline.
• Responsible for growth, development and retention of strong HR team. Coach and mentor to ensure a culture of learning and engagement.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition partners to develop and implement effective talent acquisition strategies and plans in support of Fandango's current and projected growth.
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements.
• Maintain close partnerships with NBCUniversal Corporate HR groups including Talent Acquisition, Executive Search, Talent Development, Compensation, Benefits, and HR Operations.
• 15 years of professional HR experience, with at least 7 years of direct supervisory experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong client support orientation. Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups.
• Previous Employee Relations/Labor Relations experience.
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, talent acquisition, management & leadership development, performance management, organization design and compensation philosophies.
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results. Ability to handle multiple priorities and lead change.
• Strategic thinker – proven ability to put proactive multi-faceted HR strategies for a dynamic business in place.
• Strong business partnership skills – able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders. Exceptional influencing skills coupled with a deep understanding of the business and talent within it.
• Strong business acumen, exceptional communication and presentation skills. Analytical skills combined with a clear and direct communication style.
• Skilled in facilitation, change management and conflict resolution.
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an executable HR plan.
• Ability to maintain an upbeat, positive environment that inspires a sense of urgency, constant innovation, teamwork, and strong commitment to individual and team accountability.
• Previous experience working with California labor law preferred.
• Prior experience working in a digital/technology company preferred.
• Graduate degree in Human Resources, MBA or related field and/or PHR/SPHR certified preferred.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience-anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it's all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we're working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you're looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango.